Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Final Update?

Now that most of you have given up waiting for me to update this, I'll finally get around to doing an update. :)

We've been quite busy with wedding preparations, holidays, life, work, and whatever else has come up along the way. Overall, life has been pretty good.

We fly out on Monday, and will be expecting a full entourage of 14 to accompany us through the week with one more coming in just for the wedding and reception. Including we bunnies, there will be 17 people at the wedding. Oh, 18 if you count the lawyer who is marrying us. Hah. Then add in our wedding planner, and whatever locals decide to drop by, and we could blow the roof off of 20!!!
[mock-shock!]

So however you roll it, it's going to be a tiny wedding. Bunny's ring arrived some weeks ago and has been resized. My ring is made and in the mail. In fact, it's in town, but being insured, they're making bunny sign for it at the post office. We were gifted two awesome backpacks that we will be using as our luggage (Thanks, Mom!) and just need to pack them.

There are still a few things to do. I have a car I'm trying to sell. Packing, as I said. I'm still working on the playlists for the week. There are some last-minute things to put together, but nothing that can't be done in time. We can even work on some of it on the plane if we wish. In addition to her picking up the ring today or tomorrow, I also need to pick up a decent set of speakers for the iPod. Criteria: decent sound that people will be able to hear over the ocean, remote, battery powered, compact and light enough to throw in the luggage. The Altec Lansing InMotion iM600 seems like the best choice. Its li-ion battery is good for a few hours. 15W peak power may be loud enough (not sure, but whatever), and bet of all, it's only 2.1 lbs (0.95 kg)! I didn't want to spend $150, but it beats the heck out of the Bose SoundDock Portable ($399?!?). Besides, the Bose weighs 5.2 lbs (2.4 kg). I can't compare the speaker power, because Bose doesn't publish theirs.

Money is kind of a big deal. We're somewhere around a quarter of the national average for weddings, but I'm not so good with savings... so I don't feel like I'm holding up my end. If I manage to sell that car this weekend, I will feel MUCH better, though. So here's hoping.

I know there are a few more things I need to add to the list, but at this time I seriously have four things:
  1. Pack
  2. Deposit a Christmas check
  3. Pay rent
  4. Wrap gifts
The stuff I need to help out with, like the program assembly, favors, house cleaning, and stuff like that are all in my mind, so the above list is just stuff that I need to do. :)

What else do you want updates on? Things are good, here. Thanks for checking in!

No comments: